A cartoon with a strong female lead who’s quite different. Lots of adventure and strangeness! Ghosts, gnomes and trolls! What else do you need!?
I love it! Great colours and storylines to get you hooked. I love Hilda and her mum’s relationship and how all Hilda’s friends accept each other for who they are not what they have in common.
Why watch it?
If you like quirky this is for you. It reminds me of Adventure Time slightly. It has good characters and the relationships are well created and deepening as I watch the series.
Let me know what you think of Hilda? Like or hate?
1. Work with a service dog
2. Go on a cruise
3. Have something published
4. Go to Disneyland Paris
5. Make my wheelchair into a powered one
6. Sell a piece of art work
7. Make money for a charity i support
8. Have a family photoshoot
9. Meet Helena Bonham Carter
10. Go to a beach where it’s actually warm!
Do you have 10 or more/ less things you’d like to do sometime? I love to know yours as it’s quite an interesting concept!
Leonard is my therapy
As she sits on my knee
Looking up at me
And I wonder what she’s thinking
What thoughts go on in her mind
When neurones fire
What her small brain conspires
If she understands my love for her
That I’ll always be there for her
Like she’s always there for me
Letting me know I am not alone
That she has my back
We’re safe at home
Together in whatever mess
the world holds today
Together we can keep being okay
Those rattling words that go around my head
Each time counting to get rid of the thoughts
Those that consume and conquer
A pale comparison to a helpful memoir
Of tales to tell just because
Not made to tell just for other people’s need
Of my need perhaps
Or perhaps their need
That thoughts have a mind of their own
Scary and dark
Twisted in the way they pretend to only be words
Inadequate objects that have labels
My words that mean something to me
Only I can tell the world their meaning
But in the end seem to own me
I sit in a room with only candles
Wondering how I got here.
How did I manage to encase myself with such darkness
which never seems to end.
Only flickering gives light relief.
The sweet flicker of ending time.
Of dark to light and back again.
But why I made my place here
In the dark
I’ll never be able to answer.
Such questions are too difficult to manage
when I am living in void of laughter.
With tears and no joy.
Of gates without keys to their locks.
With a heart of stone which never breaks but frequently starts
beating the way one never should.
I sit in a room with only candles and wonder why
I never turn another light on.
I wonder why I stayed here this long.
Hurtling through space
Like a marble through a maze
Unsure of where to go
Being guided through the haze
My top tips for surviving medication side effects; whether you’re riding them out and never taking the med again or hoping the effects will go away with time.
1. Remember the side effects are not forever. They will end.
2. Rest if you need to. You’re not being lazy, you are looking after yourself.
3. Call on social support if you need it. Side effects can feel lonely.
4. If you are worried ring your GP or ring 111 if you’re in the UK and it’s not a emergency. There’s no shame in checking you are okay. Side effects can be scary!
5. Eat & drink enough. This goes without saying really.
6. Cry when you need to. But remember it’s the meds!!
7. Do whatever you can to get through it but make sure you are keeping yourself safe.